World Religions Response Paper Guidelines
After visiting a religious group
- What is your home tradition (whether or not you are an active
participant in that tradition)?
- When and where did you visit?
- What religion (e.g. Hinduism, etc.)? What subgroup in the religion (e.g. Hari Krishna group)?
- Did you feel welcome? Why (not)?
- How would you characterize this group within the larger tradition (e.g. liberal, orthodox, universalistic, etc.)?
- How would characterize it socially (e.g. popular religious expression, official and liturgical, etc.)?
- What aspects of the experience made you feel comfortable and "at home"?
- What aspects of the experience made you feel like an outsider, or were particularly strange to you?
- Were your previous beliefs about yourself or members of this religious group challenged in any way? How?
- Did you regard this as a valuable exercise for the class?